Wednesday 2 February 2011

Ben, Beers, Buffalo bar... and Beaver Liquors!

[enters] Ben Coles:

So a good friend of mine from back at school, whom we shared Maths class together some 4 years ago, lives over in Wellington doing film production, and was coming down to Queenstown for the weekend.
He met me after my Friday night drinks with work, using some of my well earned drinking points I purchased a few "man handles" (massive jugs of beer). We caught up over the last few years reminisced about school and tales of teachers, gossip of students and all the usual that you would expect when meeting up with an old school friend.
We then decided to head to the Liquor store, to purchase a bottle of vodka, some coke, and head back to the holiday apartment where he had been staying, when we began walking there towards Frankton (near Queenstown.... or so we thought) it was perfect weather, and only about half way along did it start to piss it down! by the time we arrived we were drenched as though we had just swum round the lake to get there instead of walking.
Luckily Ben had enough clothes to lend me some to wear whilst we hung ours up in the bathroom to dry (which still weren't dry by the next day). about half a bottle of vodka and coke later, and deciding it was time to unleash ourselves upon Queenstown, we called ourselves a taxi and headed into town. Unfortunately I had to work at the Hostel (that little annoyingly timed job I mentioned before). So I head over to work, and left a slighlty worse for wear ben in "world bar" the club where everyone always seems to end up. Trying to finish all my duties as quick as possible, and falling over computer tables, (yup again as mentioned before) I eventually finish and give Ben a text, only to find he's headed back to his apartment. (probably the best idea).

So I head to bed, only to be woken @ 3:30am.... for the party, which means the next day when I meet up with ben i'm not in the best frame, but he's had a decent sleep. We decide to take a road trip, which for me is great as i'd not left QT untill then, we take a nice trip to Glenorchy, Paradise and Skippers Canyon, which are various locations where Lord of The Rings films were all filmed. taking loads of photo's (some of which will be on this blog soon) we had a very relaxing day and more of a catch up, ready to hit the town and go out again that night.

We meet up again that night, and chill with the rest of the guys from my room, where we all get to know one another, and get drunk before we head out and hit the town, starting off all together it's not long untill we somehow lose one another, and Ben, Myself and a guy called Andy who also works at the call centre were in World bar again (I told you we always end up there).

Having such a good night, and making the most of the time whilst Ben was down I took it upon myself not to go to the hostel job (I did mention I only did 3 days). I figured i'd try and calim I though it was only Mon-Fri job.... (It didn't work).

I managed to introduce Ben to some random German girl and let's just saw he seemed to be doing pretty well (I'm such a good wingman)..... I myself was trying my luck with a Norwegian girl, and having managed to be successful and get a bit of a kiss, she then decided to tell me the 4 words, no guy wants to hear.... "I have a boyfriend" to which she didn't approve of my answer saying, "I have a goldfish" ..... going home empty handed, and sneaking past reception I finally headed to bed. (It appears Ben was more successful).

[oh and Beaver Liquor's is the very cunning name of a liquor store in town] photo's will come one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment