Saturday 1 January 2011

Is the world prepared for me....Or am I prepared for it....

So this the first post, on what I can only assume will become a travel blog that will, over time become more neglected. I plan on posting every few days, and keep you guys (and myself for future reference) up to date on all the shennanigans, experiences and mishaps of the next few years. Here goes....

It's New Years Day 2011, and having spent what I can only describe as a lifetime waiting for the last 5 months to pass. It's finally less than a week untill I depart, having done the usual business of leaving everything to the last minute (thats right I've only just checked I booked all my flights). It appears that by some miracle i'm actually sorted.

The Christmas holidays have been mainly spent seeing relatives and friends .."one last time" before I set off, best thing is that I can milk this to my advantage. Evening meals are made around what "I" would like. May aswell make the most of it before living on a diet of budget bread & cheese and presumably more cold macaroni in a tin....[Bern - Switzerland Interrailing in 2008 with Leo, where we took "living on a shoestring" to a whole new level].


The Journey begins from "Northallerton > Heathrow > Delhi > Singapore > Bangkok (2 nights) > Melbourne (1 night) > Queenstown! leaving on the 7th January and arriving finally after stop-off's and time differences on the 13th Jan.

As for now, not sure what to expect, other than to expect the unexpected.

5 comments:

  1. oh and where better to start than Northallerton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Northallerton truely is the beggining of any serious backpackers journey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear you arrived in Bangkok - totally shattered I'm sure. New Empire Hotel in China town is v.cheap if you come unstuck. Get some sleep (!!) but have fun and savour every moment. ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you have arrived! Geckos at New Empire are good in fritters!

    ReplyDelete